free hit counter Knit-Whit: New Reads

Saturday, October 01, 2005

New Reads

I picked up a couple books this week with some birthday money I had floating in my pocket. The first is Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. There's definitely a few things I'll make from this one such as the mini stocking, angora baby booties, airy scarf, and the pashmina cowl. There's also a few maybe projects like the hourglass sweater and also some items that may make great gifts like the child's rainbow scarf or the soft drawstring pouch.
The second book I picked up is Holiday Knits by Sara Lucas and Allison Isaacs. First of all, I love the photography in this one. I want to make a couple of the striped Christmas stockings and I adore the striped stocking caps. I just love paging through this book , the colors are stunning.

Of course I say this at the beginning of every month but I cannot believe it's October. Wow, time flies.
My knitting goals for October:
*Finish my HP bookscarf
*Knit blueberry hat for little Andrew
*Make 2 Christmas gifts which I already have the materials for and they're quick knits to boot.
*Finish at least one of my retro rib socks
*Work on the felted mittens I started last winter
*Finish up the 2nd of my sock yarn / kidsilk haze mittens

Do you think these goals are steep? They might be although, the weather should be cooling off soon (today it's 84ยบ!), there's lots of new TV playing and I'm taking a road trip in a couple weeks so that will be a good opportunity to work on a few things. We'll see what happens...

What are your knitting goals for October?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I browsed through that Holiday Knits and fell in love with it, too! They had another new one, Handknit Holidays, too, that had some great projects and nice photography, too.

11:11 AM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger