free hit counter Knit-Whit: Socks & Cycles

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Socks & Cycles

Where do I begin? First of all, Happy belated 4th of July to everyone. I hope you all were able to do something fun. We were in Iowa for a motorcycle track day...well Kyle rode and I knit. Here we are on Sunday afternoon, all packed up & ready to go. Me and five anxious guys.

Onthe ride down Sunday I did all my gauge knitting and calculations, then on Monday I cast on and started the Sockapal2za sock. We had a great time in Iowa and great weather too. It can get fairly hot in Council Bluffs but this weekend it mananged to stay in the high 80's with a nice steady breeze.

Kyle on the track and then in for a rest.


Last night we drove home and lucky-non-rider-not-tired me drove 98% of the way. I ate Bertie Bott's Beans blindly and I must admit, gagged on more than one occasion. It kept me awake though, mission accomplished.
I wanted my sock in action photo to turn out Claudia style but it didn't work. Must.Practice.
One bad thing about the weekend? Splatgirl and boy weren't there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Looks like fun, I don't know if I can brave those Jelly Beans. Hey do you ever go to the races in Cambridge?

2:09 PM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger