free hit counter Knit-Whit: It's July!

Friday, July 01, 2005

It's July!

I can't believe it's already July, where has the summer gone? Our weekends have been jam packed with activity (which I've enjoyed actually) so the time is just cruising. Not to mention this week I picked up some kind of stomach bug so I've been a bit under the weather. Today was the 1st time I've had some spare time this whole week and I spent with Kyle. He had an eye exam appointment in one of my favorite small-town-feel suburban cities today so I tagged along. I wanted to find a unique gift for a 1 year old and a few things for my SP5. Of course I had to visit the yarn shop there and since I had a gift certificate left over from my birthday I had to buy something! I want to make a pair of the padded footlets from the Summer 2005 Interweave Knits. I found this Meilenweit Cotton in a bubble gum pink and a variegated pink/purple for an accent. I would have used my SP5 sock yarn but I needed a fingering weight yarn. These babies are knit on size 0 needles! Yikes.

Since it's the beginning of the month I suppose I should set some goals. This month should be a tad less busy than June so goals should be easily met.
1. Start my Sockapal2za socks
2. Finish the 3rd bootie and send it off
3. Go grocery shopping so I can eat healthier (pathetic I know)
4. Finish a few "almost there" projects
5. Work on my quilt
6. No yarn shopping, yes I know, this will be tough. Feel free to send yarn...that doesn't count ;-)

I think that's enough for starters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger