free hit counter Knit-Whit: Inspiration

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Inspiration

Tonight I attended my last quilt class. I am not as far as I hoped to be but further than a few of the other students so I fee average. As I was knitting on the 3rd bootie the other day I was inspired by some of the colors as they came together as purl ribs and plan on incorporating them into my quilt. I'm using a design wall in my studio to help plan the quilt in the most visually appealing way so I'm anxious to make some progress. I have 16 more small blocks to make and 5 more large blocks. Our class plans to get together sometime in November to share finished quilts...I guess I'd better get stitching.

4 Comments:

Blogger Orbitron19 said...

Carrie,
Do you knit quilts out of old T-shirts? I heard that it's become a popular way to keep old shirts around.

7:54 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

I've never knit a quilt although my mom made me a quilt out of some of my childhood t-shirts. It's my most favorite. You may have spyed it in some of my photos, it's backed with a yellow star fabric.

10:09 PM, July 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is beautiful so far. what pattern is the class for?

6:51 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

The pattern comes from the book "Radiant New York Beauties" by Valori Wells. It's a fun quilt to work on although 1/2 the battle is choosing the correct color combonations. I chose to use all batiks for this one and I'm super glad I did.

8:37 PM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger