free hit counter Knit-Whit: 548 Miles

Sunday, June 26, 2005

548 Miles

We're back! We spent the weekend at my aunt & uncles motel in the town of Ely. This is when we arrived on Saturday, look at the clear sky! It was a great ride up along the North shore of Lake Superior. A little chilly by the water but bearable for sure. Hwy 1 was awesome, nice and curvy with minimal traffic. Kyle & I rode our motorcycles and my parents drove their 40 Ford coupe with the 5.0 Mustang engine, it cruises (but not as fast as Kyle).

We bummed around town for the afternoon and then went to dinner with everyone. In the evening we went to my aunt & uncle's cabin for a short boat ride, the sunset and a bonfire with s'mores. Sunday morning we headed over to the Chocolate Moose, a must for me when I'm in Ely. I was craving Walleye & eggs. It was just as good as I anticipated. This is a view from my breakfast seat.

Kyle & I headed over to the International Wolf Center to hopefully spy a couple wolves. Unfortunately they were all hiding from the heat & bugs plus they were fed the night before so were lethargic as well. Back to the motel for a short good-bye and we hit the rode again to come on home. Between Hwy 1 & Two Harbors, the sky was looking a little bit dark and it got really cold (56ยบ) but we managed to miss all the rain. Here we are at a pit stop we made on Hwy 1 about 2 miles from the end. I think Kyle was there about 10 minutes before I showed up, he already had his camera out and had taken all his photos.

Look at all the lupines lining the road, it smelled great.

We had a fun weekend, 548 miles in all. The longest I've ever ridden in 2 days.
I managed to knit 2/3 of a round on my circus sock, hey at least I packed it...I had very limited space!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had lunch at the Chocolate Moose last month when we came in from our Boundary Waters canoe trip... we hadn't bathed all week, so I'm sure we were a sight coming in, but man, the food was delicious.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

2:47 PM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger