free hit counter Knit-Whit: Friday Lunch and More

Monday, May 02, 2005

Friday Lunch and More

On my way out of town Friday I stopped for lunch at one of my favorite sandwich shops, Jimmy John's. My usual? Number 1 plus onion & oregano. I especially love their packaging. I seem to be obsessed with food packaging, no? Can you see my knitting in the background? I had to slip that in here somewhere since there's not much else to show. I'll have fiber photos tomorrow...I promise. I knit a little bit on the buttonhole bag and also started the #4 flower from this seasons Knitty.

I made it up to Brainerd on good time, in fact I had to take this photo of the MPG reading in the truck because I knew Kyle would never believe it. You see, he wants to get rid of it because it's a 'gas hog'. I told him he just has to be nice to it and it will deliver. I snapped this one while I was eating my banana malt plus extra malt from DQ. Mmmmm.

When I arrived at the track, I found my boy wrenching on our friend Karl's bike. It was doing some funky stuff out there. Diagnosis several hours later and after dinner (sirloin medallions with bleu cheese)...he snapped the crank. Done for the weekend, on that bike anyway. Another friend of ours borrowed Karl his bike so he could get some racing in. Did I also mention it was snowing? In fact it snowed the entire weekend on & off. It was cold (highs in the low 40's) but luckily I have warm clothes so I was toasty. And we have a nice warm place to sleep, thanks mom & dad. More tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger