free hit counter Knit-Whit: Hot Off the Presses

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hot Off the Presses

I was inspired to make this craft bucket from Caro of Splityarn...soon to be a local MN blogger! She was recently featured on Uncommon Threads and made this handy bucket from old jeans and heavy cotton fabric. You may recognize the fabric from a previous project of mine. The project was a little tricky for me since I ended up running across thick areas of denim here and there, I'm not sure any machine really deals well with that (not to mention mine is in need of a maintenance visit). I ended up cutting the inner cardboard circle a tad small but it will work. It also looks obviously taller than the one Caro made but I like it just the same. Go find some old jeans and make yourself a crafty bucket!
Every time Kyle wants to throw out a pair of jeans I hoard them into my craft closet 'just in case' I need denim for something.
Do you see what I have to put up with when I sit down to the sewing machine? Casey is always wanting to cuddle up underneath and there's just not enough room for him under there, not to mention when I see him coming I have to unplug the foot pedal because on more than one occasion he's plopped down right onto it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It's awesome! I love it tall, it fits so many more things. Very very cool. Love the sewing assistant too.

8:07 AM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Really cute craft bucket!

Casey's not really a cubby-hole kind of dog, is he? As much as he'd like to be!

12:35 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Tonni said...

What a great idea!!

1:56 PM, February 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you bag - it's perfect! And cute pooch, too.

8:49 AM, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger