free hit counter Knit-Whit: Recycle Challenge

Monday, September 25, 2006

Recycle Challenge

The most recent pincushion challenge was to make one using recycled objects. If you visited me earlier in the week you saw the 2 thrift store sweaters I picked up, the pincushion was their destiny.
Casey & I spent some time in the craft room yesterday afternoon turning those sweaters into a cupcake pincushion.
I threw the sweaters into a hot water wash to felt them up a bit so the wool was thicker and when I took the sweaters out of the dryer I found the nice round wad of wool that I placed on the top to act as a cherry. The pins are supposed to resemble sprinkles, I made them out of FIMO clay. I can't wait to see what other crafters came up with for this challenge!

7 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

That is awesome! So cute.

10:06 AM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

Very, very cute! I love the sprinkles!

10:31 AM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great jammies from the previous post, happy birthday and great pin cushion. Did I get it all in, truely - I hope you had a great B-Day.

10:46 AM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow - who'd have thunk you could do that!! Forgot to wish you a happy birthday too~~

5:04 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

What a great idea! I love it. (love the jammies too. Splatgirl is talented! Happy belated birthday!)

9:52 PM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love!

6:01 PM, September 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful , i like so much the colors !!!

7:06 AM, October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger