free hit counter Knit-Whit: Lobstah!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lobstah!

A while back I mentioned to Splatgirl that I've always wanted to eat a lobster roll. Before you all gasp at once, remember that I live in the land locked Midwest. That would be no where near an ocean with fresh lobsters, lobster rolls are not found here. Apparently Splatgirl has the memory of um...well, whatever has a good memory and she made me lobster rolls for my birthday dinner!!! It was delicious.
Dessert couldn't be served until I guessed what it was. Peanut Butter/Chocolate Rice Krispie bars and homemade pistachio ice cream. I did guess in fairly good time because the bars are my fav and I casually mentioned the pistachio ice cream at some point in time. Remember...Splatgirl's memory is superb.
Then came the presents. Apparently Splatgirl knows what I like to do (sleep & lounge)...she sewed me a new set of fly jammies with a Hawaiian theme! Here I am modeling them complete with bed head. And believe me when I tell you this girl can sew! And sorry about the wrinkles, I've slept in them by this point. They were very nicely pressed when she presented them to me.
Yipee!! I LoVe my new jammies!!

And because a present from Splatgirl isn't really complete without a kitchen tool, she gave me a silicone Grandmother's fork similar to this one (but mine is red) plus a bag of whole nutmeg, but that's a whole other story!

THANKS A TON SPLATGIRL!!!!! I had a great time, you really know how to make a birthday rock!

9 Comments:

Blogger splatgirl said...

I dunno who your friend Splatgirl is but the one I know definitely DOES NOT have a great memory.
Well OK, maybe when it's about food...

Looks like you should bring those jammies to the tailor for a little shortening :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

12:43 PM, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great friend, and what a great birthday!

12:54 PM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Wow!! How fun!!! Happy Birthday!!!! Why didnt you tell me!!! :) Looks like it was a blast...way to go Splatgirl for making her such a special birthday!

2:08 PM, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had an awesome day, and what great gifts! I'm always hesitant to sew clothing as gifts, so I'm glad to see that Splatgirl doesn't share my phobia. Those are most excellent jammies - are they flannel?

5:37 PM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

Happy Birthday! Such cute jammies and such cute pictures of you modeling them!

8:41 PM, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cute in your jammies!

Happy birthday!

7:56 AM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Splatgirl is an awesome friend, cook and seamtress!! The food looks yummy as usual and I want those PJ's! :)

4:31 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Happy lobstah-birthday to you!

9:09 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

happy birthday! splatgirl is an awesome friend for making you those super cute jammies. did i spy casey boy running around in the background of your photo shoot?

11:07 AM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger