free hit counter Knit-Whit: Impromptu Yard Sale

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Impromptu Yard Sale

I spent the entire afternoon and evening yesterday clearing / cleaning my upstairs. The 2nd level is just one large room with a guest bed, some bookshelves and a closet. It tends to be our dumping ground for things that don't have a place in our living area. I gathered oodles of things which will most likely go to Good Will. Since I had to haul this stuff outside anyway, I figured why not try to sell it 1st? The sale wasn't huge but I thought it was pretty good for one day's worth of purging. Apparently no one else thought so.










This is my gross earnings for the day. Yup, $1. I guess I'll be making a trip to Good Will tomorrow...













Not all was lost, I was able to knit for 3 hours in the sun & fresh air.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sad! Sorry to hear the yard sale wasn't a success. Glad you at least got to knit!

12:42 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I think people don't buy as readily at yard sales as they used to because it costs money to throw things away now. It's not like the old days!

6:14 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

Well I'm glad you cleaned out the upstairs and got to sit in the sun and knit! And purging is always a good feeling.

2:22 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Hey, one dollar is better than none!! At least it's nice enough there now to have a yard sale, and you got to enjoy it!! Woo hoo! AND, you got some knitting done! Way to go! :)

2:25 PM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger