free hit counter Knit-Whit: I've Been Up To Something

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I've Been Up To Something

I've been knitting a basic 3 x 1 rib sock from a skein of Socks That Rock. I won't tell you who they're for in case she's reading. Yesterday at the OWD (One Whole Dollar) yard sale I started knitting a fortune cookie. Have any of you tried this? I'm confused about the large cookie directions where on line 5 it reads: k15, sl1, k14. I only have 15 sts on the needle, how can I k15, sl1, k14? That's 30 stitches. Any thoughts??













You're wondering about the scale right? I've been using it for the gazillion and 1 things I've listed on ebay this weekend. Check it out! If there's something you need, I'm sure I have it...you saw that yard sale pile right?? ;-)

9 Comments:

Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Ok, and if you know anyone who needs wedding items in the next 5 days...I have a million things listed on Ebay too! Under Ruthie2977. Sorry, shameless plug for my ebay stuff too! I am going to go look at yours now! Yay! I love ebay!! Those socks are super cute too! Ugh, I really need to take a knitting class and soon!

5:51 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Emma said...

The socks look beautiful. I love the colors. Can't help with the fortune cookie patter, but I checked the link, and they are too cute!

5:54 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Those fortune cookies are adorable!!!

6:02 PM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet there'sa "turn" missing after the K15.

9:04 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

I think there is a turn missing as well. What else could it be?

10:25 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger splatgirl said...

What is that loopy-ness hiding at the back of the cuff of that sock? Something clever?

splatgirl

7:13 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I love this color in Socks That Rock. I couldn't find the booth at the festival...urgghh, the main reason why I went there in the first place. I wanted to see all the colors in person. Hollar out at me the color !! Thanks !

1:27 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Kate Diamond said...

Okay, nothing to do with knitting (because, sadly, there was no knitting on Grey's this week).

But I stopped in when you wrote up the knitting episode and I thought I'd ask what you thought of the latest eppy. Currently we're having a raging debate about George on my blog.

7:10 PM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I ask you about your scale I saw in the post on your blog? Do you use it to weigh yarn for socks and such? What type is it? I've been looking for an inexpensive digital scale and then I saw this one you have...

10:42 AM, May 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger