free hit counter Knit-Whit: Honey, Can I Get an Alpaca?

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Honey, Can I Get an Alpaca?

This afternoon Splatgirl & I spent some time at the Shepherd's Harvest, our own little Sheep & Wool festival if you will. After perusing the vendors and making a few purchases we swung over to the alpaca barn. Those buggers were awful cute! What curious animals they are too, each time I pointed my camera one would come right up to it to check it out. I had several foggy lenses and I have oodles of close ups of alpaca noses.










The little one on the left of this photo was humming like crazy!










And here's an unsheard alpaca. I like the brown spots.













ETA: I think I mistakenly called these animals alpacas when they are indeed llamas...I think. They're cute all the same IMO.

3 Comments:

Blogger renee said...

So cute! I'm hoping to head over there tomorrow.

12:36 AM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

I'm really crazy over them, too. Glad you had a good time!

9:08 AM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger Colleen said...

Apparently, you can only take pictures of llamas on Saturdays. I was there on Sunday, wandering up and down in the llama barn, trying to get my camera to take pictures - to no avail. I was convinced llamas had anti-picture mojo until I saw your post!

11:28 AM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger