free hit counter Knit-Whit: "Brrrr, Could You Knit Me a Sweater?"

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

"Brrrr, Could You Knit Me a Sweater?"

Do you have a naked dog out there in the cold? Then you need to join the knit for your dog knitalong. Splatgirl & I are hosting this knitalong which will run from now until March 31st. Knit a sweater for your dog or someone elses, use any pattern and any yarn that you want to. We're very lax on the rules around here. Sign up by leaving a comment to this post, updates will be given here each Tuesday...just get me a link to your post by Monday nights. You can email me using the "Mail" button on the top of my sidebar.
Do you need a pattern? Check out these dog knitting books or these links on the www.

Use this button but please save it to your own server.
dog sweater knitalong

Now let's get knitting!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm in. I've already got one in progress for Pearl - just need to pick it up again to work on it.

3:44 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Hmmm - maybe my SIL will let me knit for her puppies (she has Yorkie's). My dog had an unpopular opinion about handknits for hunting dogs....(shared by his Guy as well.)

3:47 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger splatgirl said...

well, duh...I'm in :) Me and my adorable bald-bellied pal, that is. I ran it by him and he says it's ok, as long as it doesn't interfere with his walkies too much, because "mudder, yoo kno howz empourtint chekin da pee mail ebryday is".

5:17 PM, January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! My dog could use a new sweater! Sign me up.http://thererri

5:29 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

Well, I am a maybe. I just need to find a dog to knit for.

2:58 PM, January 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me! Me! I'm in!

11:15 AM, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't resist. I'm in!

1:01 PM, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! I am totally wanting to knit my doggie a sweater. I'd love to join your group! You can see some pics of Mercy's sweater on my flickr account, mercys mama.

8:18 PM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

I've been thinking about knitting Maxine Louise, BHFH, a sweater because commercial dog clothes are just not made for basset hounds. This might be what gets me moving on a sweater. Count me in.

7:48 AM, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger