free hit counter Knit-Whit: Old Knits - Revisited

Friday, October 17, 2008

Old Knits - Revisited

Let's face it, most things we knit are for cooler weather. I miss my hand knits over the summer and look forward to pulling things out as winter approaches. My favorite projects to get to know again are my big red mittens (Ravelry link). They're not to practical for fine motor skills since they're felted and quite thick but boy are they warm!
finished mitts!
What items are you looking forward to getting unpacked for the winter?

I saw gas for $2.49 / gallon today, I never thought I'd see the day when gas would be < $2.50 / gallon again. Let's hope it stays this way.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! The lowest I've seen gas is $2.89 - and like you, thought I'd never see it that low again.

Having fun working on your dishcloth swap package!

Your swap partner

8:31 PM, October 17, 2008  
Blogger splatgirl said...

ohhhhhhh! My color on color scarf! It's the best thing about the arrival of cool weather. That and my road kill kitty scarf.
If I ever get a second, I'd love to try and design some felted mittens that are like fitted or anatomically correct or something. Mine turn me into lobster girl and it's hard even to drive with them on.

11:46 PM, October 17, 2008  
Blogger Deb said...

MITTENS!! I saw gas for $2.39 out here in the western suburbs!! Of course since it's good news, no one seems to be reporting it!!

8:17 AM, October 18, 2008  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I just told my husband that you saw gas as low as $2.49 a gal! Man, here we thought today as we drove by the station $3.18 was CHEAP:)

I dragged out the Fetchings.

2:25 PM, October 18, 2008  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I love my Fetchings and my newest scarf. I just need a hat to match!

7:41 PM, October 18, 2008  
Blogger Guinifer said...

The socks are out, at last!

We actually felt okay driving to the cabin with gas as low as it's been forever...

3:31 PM, October 19, 2008  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

It is exspensive here in california,I love the mitts:)Hugs darcy

2:51 PM, October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger