free hit counter Knit-Whit: WFDW

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WFDW

Considering I haven't eaten a home cooked meal in quite some time (shame on me) this picnic style dinner qualifies for a What's for Dinner Wednesday meal in my book. So let's take it from the top: A hot dog on a potato bun with mustard, ketchup & celery salt. Cooked in the microwave since I didn't want to start the grill for one piece of meat. You see, Kyle has been training intensely for a mountain bike race he's in at the end of the month so we've been consuming our meals at separate times. OK, back to the plate. Watermelon. A personal size seedless. Very good, although I'm sure it's not as good as the melons Splatgirl has been picking up. I'm pretty certain mine doesn't contain crack or any other illegal substance. ;-) And last on the plate is my very favorite tuna salad. Simply made with white albacore tuna, large ring noodles (not overcooked - very important), white onion, celery and lots of hard boiled egg. Oh! And I'm a Miracle Whip girl. Which way do you swing? Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip...I know this is a touchy subject for some.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Miracle Whip all the way baby!! I love that salad! I also had to go out and buy watermelon after seeing Splatgirl's blog. haha...I'm now addicted too. :) Your dinner looks good!

10:12 PM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Miracle Whip = too much sugar. I am a mayo girl from day one. I even go out of my way to NOT buy deli salads if they're not made with mayo - yep I'm one of those annoying people that has to taste the salad before I'll buy it.

8:07 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much a mayo girl, but overall I'll take anything that's full fat. :-)

10:22 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Renna said...

Your plate looks scrumptious. I could eat watermelon every day of the week, every meal of every day for that matter. It's a shame not all watermelons that come home with me are worth eathing, though. :-(

I love tuna, but have never made it the way you described, so I'm anxious to try that. Oh, and I'm a Hellman's Light Mayo girl, all the way! ;-)

10:23 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger amy said...

miracle whip for me! although i do use mayo in certain dishes. my dad grew up eating miracle whip on his vegetables and passed it down to me. i can't eat broccoli without it!

10:49 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Tipper said...

Miracle Whip! (This is the Midwest, after all.) I make the same tuna salad, but usually leave out the egg and add peas.

2:43 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger pushbiscuit said...

I definitely mayo and really only Dukes. The best mayo on the planet! :-)

5:30 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Mayo. Miracle Whip is too sweet.

7:17 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger splatgirl said...

Interesting responses. I swing both ways. There are some things that really NEED Miracle Whip, like egg salad but 99% of the time I think it's gack and am strictly a full fat Hellmans girl. And lately I'm even feeling like jarred mayo is too sweet which prompts me to want to make it from scratch more often.

11:28 AM, July 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not mayo vs Miracle Whip that haunts me, it's ketchup on a hot dog!!!! Ouch

6:46 PM, July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger