free hit counter Knit-Whit: Christmas Knitting *Installment #4

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Christmas Knitting *Installment #4

I didn't really knit this stuff but I wanted to give my knitting / blogging friends something special for Christmas so I dyed them some yarn. I asked them what their favorite color / color combonations were way back in November so they had enough time to forget about it. I used dye your own sock yarn from Knit Picks and dyed the yarn with Kool-Aid, remember when I was doing this??
On the top of the picture there's Mary's Grape Fusion: she also received some coupons for knitting help since she wants to learn how to knit socks.
In the middle there's Lara's Midnight Knitter: she received a little tote bag and some fun tools since all her stuff is packed away for a bit while she finishes building her house!
On the bottom we have Nikki's Super Holly: Nikki got a few tools for her tote bag (I gave it to her last Christmas) and a sock pattern that she can't wait to start!













Here's a peek inside Lara's new knitting bag. I used Mariko's tote bags 101 tutorial to make it!










And here's a closeup of one of the skeins.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great gift idea! So what if you didn't knit with it? How much better and personal a gift could someone get???

5:40 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

What a tremendously thoughtful and creative person you are!

8:58 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

SO nice! The yarns are gorgeous and it's such a clever idea - you are a crafty genius!

8:33 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Katie Collette said...

What a great idea! The colors turned out just beautiful too.

9:02 AM, January 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of your hand-dyed gifts and those super labels too! :)

7:15 AM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger