free hit counter Knit-Whit: Book Thongs

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Book Thongs

Yesterday I made these 'book thongs' for my book club friends. I'll give them out at the next book club meeting in March. I put a martini charm on one end and eyeglasses on the other. I wanted to use a book charm but couldn't find one so reading glasses will have to do. Below is a photo of a thong being used in the new book club book A Mighty Heart.

Posted by Hello
Here they are close-up, I used furnace glass for the main bead on each end and I even learned a new knot!

Posted by Hello
Can anyone think of a better name besides book thong? I'm not sure I like it.

3 Comments:

Blogger knit_chick said...

LOVE the martini charms!

Not fond of the term "book thong", either, but I can't think of a creative name for the little buggers.

8:54 PM, February 13, 2005  
Blogger Kate said...

How do you make a book thong? I've been looking for something kind of like that, but I'm not sure that it will keep the book I have open. I've been using bull clips and it works ok... How about calling it "page floss"... or a "b-string"?

10:56 AM, February 15, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

Those names are hilarious! The "page flosser" doesn't actually keep the book open, it's basically just a bookmark and easy to make. You can use leather cord, c-flex wire, silk cord, nylon cord or anything else you can find to string your beads on. Make sure to tie knots on either ends of your beads so they stay put, tie charms on the ends and you're all set to go!

11:11 AM, February 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger