free hit counter Knit-Whit: CSA is Fun

Monday, July 28, 2008

CSA is Fun

This past Saturday the CSA farm I support had an open house for all the CSA shareholders. I trekked out there with Splatgirl and boy, the people we split our share with. The farm had zucchini bowling and kohlrabi bocce ball set up, we took a tour of the fields on a trailer behind the old tractor, helped weed the peppers and eggplants and ate a potluck lunch. I made deviled eggs but managed to forget them on my way out the door so I've been eating an egg nearly every time I open the fridge. If you would like to see more photos of the farm visit you can go to my Flickr set.
Weeding Peppers
This is a photo of the group weeding the peppers. It went very fast with all the manpower that was there. I'm definitely glad I went and learned more about the farm I get all my delicious vegetables from!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Princessliak said...

Sounds like good times in the veggie patch for sure! My friend's dog has his own tomato plant and delicately "picks" them for a snack.

12:11 PM, July 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger