free hit counter Knit-Whit: Double Ewe

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Double Ewe

I took a visit to a new local yarn shop yesterday after voting and managed to add to my yarn stash. I picked up a skein of Malabrigo in the Hollyhock colorway and a ball of Bunny Hop for a quick baby hat since there's 4 babies on the way at my office. Yes, I said FOUR. I've quit drinking the water...
The yarn shop is a quaint shop tucked in the corner of a strip mall. She's got some nice felting yarns, Cherry Tree Hill (one of my favorite sock yarns) and many more types of yarn that I can't remember. Each yarn has an information card posted next to it with things like the fiber content, what it is best used for, feltable or not, stitches per inch, etc, a nice touch IMO. I can tell the owner is tuned in to how to run a good business, I'm looking forward to seeing the shop grow in the coming months.

6 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

mmmmm Malabrigo. So yummy.

11:36 AM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

Man I would quit drinking the water as well!

2:07 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Gorgeous! What clever marketing ideas, too.

2:11 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this the new shop on lexington?

8:53 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, right by lexington and lake drive, accross from the log building. i stopped by the other day. what a nice owner! very impressed

10:18 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Sounds like a nice yarn shop. Cherry Tree is a yarn I finally just bought one skein of to try out. Don't drink the water:)

6:21 PM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger