free hit counter Knit-Whit: Correct Change Please

Friday, May 06, 2005

Correct Change Please

My latest customer service gripe is change counting. It seems now days no one can count the change back correctly. Probably one in 25 get it right. What am I talking about? Take for instance this Arby$ receipt. The change due was $35.98. The cashier gave me my change while counting out to $35.98 "Five, twenty five, thirty five, 98". WRONG. The correct way would be to say "98 cents makes 15, twenty, thirty and fifty". The correct way is to count from the amount of the bill to the amount the customer gave to pay. Is this a legitimate gripe?

Even if it's not a legitimate gripe, it annoys me.

Has anyone besides Sandra gotten a Minnesota quarter? I'm still looking...

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I got one :-)

8:47 AM, May 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Around here they just hand you a pile of change and don't even count! Stupid Californians. Heh.
--Mariko

3:27 PM, May 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sneaky like that. ;)

8:05 AM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

I rarely have anyone count change back to me and what annoys me is they put the bills in your hand then the coins, so the coins fall all over the place.

I also have a Minnesota quarter :)

11:28 AM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm with Marika. Here in Minnesota they just hand you a pile of change and don't even count. My favorite is when you're in the drive-through and they shove it in your hand and then your drop the coins on the ground. Hmph.

I have a Minnesota quarter! Got it Saturday. I was thrilled!

9:03 PM, May 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger