free hit counter Knit-Whit: Long Time No Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Long Time No Blog

We made it to Ely safe & sound thanks to Kyle and his crazy yet safe driving. I requested we head directly to the liquor store as we entered town. Friday night we played Scrabble and Cranium and then a bunch of us 'younger' folk walked to one of the many local taverns. We played a dice game (name?) in which I won $21. I wanted to go back the next night but a couple of my cousins said "no way". I think they were a little bitter about losing $3, oh well. Saturday we went to breakfast and to the local yarn shop Sisu Designs & Weaving. I picked up this pretty green merino wool for a pair of socks and this Brittany crochet hook, because you never know when you'll need a giant crochet hook.

Posted by Hello
And this organic cotton. I'm not sure what I'll knit with this yet but I couldn't pass it up.

Posted by Hello
Saturday afternoon I went cross-country skiing with my aunt Debbie. We had a great time, the snow was fresh and sparkly and the sky was SO blue. We skied 5 miles while all the way blazing our own trail. My quads are still a little sore. Saturday night everyone went to dinner together and back to the motel for gifties. The uncle I knit the Hayden hat for gave me this yarn!!! The off-white hank on the left is 4 1/4 oz of home spun mohair and the grey hank on the right is 5 3/4 oz of home spun wool. I'm thinking the grey wool would make nice mittens although I'll have to figure out if there's enough for a pair.

Posted by Hello
Uncle Roger loved his Hayden hat and so did his wife Debbie. In very short order she had it on and didn't take it off the rest of the weekend. I guess knitting another Hayden hat is in my future. Debbie loved her mini-sweater ornament and hung it on her tree straight away.

Posted by Hello
Sunday morning we packed up and went to breakfast. I had a Walleye filet with eggs and canadian bacon, SO GOOD. Then we hit a few local shops and headed for home. I am already looking forward to going up to Ely this summer on the motorcycles!
**Sorry about the lack of vacation photos, my camera never made it out of the bag.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have ditched your cheapo cousins and gone back to the bar with Kyle...that's what I woulda done. :)

12:07 AM, January 26, 2005  
Blogger the knitrider said...

sounds like you had a great time! All that yarn is great! (and the crochet hook WILL come in handy, i promise!!!) Also, your lacy scarf is lookin good!

9:23 AM, January 26, 2005  
Blogger Dani In NC said...

I have a question that is only vaguely related to your post :-). It looks like you are using Hello to post your pictures. How do you get more than one picture into the same post and give them each their own caption?

8:23 AM, January 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger