free hit counter Knit-Whit: Nothing Beats Ice Cream!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Nothing Beats Ice Cream!

This is my brother Chris enjoying his Ben & Jerry's with his brand new ice cream cozy! I failed to get a photo of the cozy before I sent it to him so I asked him to send me one. It sure looks like he's enjoying his snack with warm hands! He also told me there's only ONE flavor of ice cream, mint chip. Oh...I need to argue with you on that one.

I knit the cozy using the recommended Cascade Fixation, the pattern is found in the book Knit Wit. I made a few changes in the pattern due to error:
Number of sts after 2nd dec in body of cozy should read 56 sts
When shaping bottom of pint
1st rnd (K5, k2tog) 8 times
3rd rnd (k4, k2tog) 8 times
(I hope I'm not infringing on any copyright laws here)

I think next time I knit this I will add a row or 2 after each decrease in the body since the cozy doesn't seem tall enough to cover entire ice cream pint. As I was blocking it I had it stretched all the way up but since the Fixation contains elastic, it snapped right back.


May you all enjoy an ice cream snack tonight...



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this...i just knit one of these tonight and i thought i was going crazy with the decreases. i am blocking it now, so i may have to take your advice on the 2nd one with adding more rows on the bottom.

~ice cream lover in chicago

1:12 AM, April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger