free hit counter Knit-Whit: In the Sewing Room

Monday, October 27, 2008

In the Sewing Room

This weekend I spent a lot of time sewing, I finished up some little projects and worked on some larger ones. It actually snowed yesterday so I didn't feel bad spending the day indoors. This pencil pouch is for my niece who asked for eraseable colored pencils for her birthday, I had to give her a little more than that. This is the first time I've sewn a zipper into anything and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...it's even lined!
Eraseable Colored Pencil Pouch
And I figured Casey needed a new Halloween collar so I whipped this one up. The bats glow in the dark too!
Casey's Bat Collar

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Those are both adorable!!

8:36 PM, October 27, 2008  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I really need to figure out how to sew in a zipper. I would love to make myself a small zipped bag to keep odds and ends in.

10:38 AM, October 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get that great numbers fabric? I made a reversible purse I saw on Martha Stewart and that would be terrific for lining one for my son's teacher.

10:32 AM, October 31, 2008  
Blogger Carrie said...

Julie-
I don't recall where I picked it up and the selvedge is gone. I think it's an Alexander Henry print. Sorry I can't give you more information.

10:14 AM, November 01, 2008  
Blogger Kim said...

The dog collar is really nice. I was thinking that I would like to make a scarf for Lucy, but I want it to clip together rather than tying it on her. Will the clips on the collar that you made release when extra pressure is put on it? In case the dog is caught on something.

11:53 PM, November 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger