free hit counter Knit-Whit: I'm Thinking of my Sock Pal

Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm Thinking of my Sock Pal

Today for the first time in forever I went to my LYS and purchased yarn for my sockapalooza pal's socks. I chose Cherry Tree Hill in a super bright combination of pinks, yellow & orange. Considering my pal gave me full authority to pick any color and mentioned liking bright colors, I think I made a good choice. Now, I just have to decide what pattern to knit. Monkey, Embossed Leaves, Hedera, Pomatomus??
I have contacted my pal and received a response but no one out there has let me know they're knitting for me. This makes me just a tad nervous since I was snubbed during the last round (and was lovingly saved by pixeldiva!!). Please make your pals happy and just drop them a quick note to let them know you're out there somewhere.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger BatGirl said...

Pretty yarn! I'd try Monkey -- the pattern is fun, interesting and definitely not boring.

Me? I'm using brown and green Koigu for my sockpal, and knitting Roza's Socks from the Spring IK . . .

7:53 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Ah yes, I remember last years sock snub! ha! I sincerely hope it doesnt happen again to you!! Good luck!!

8:35 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Emma said...

Love that yarn! Great choice.

8:50 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger s b said...

ohhhh-very pretty yarn. All of those patterns are great--could you throw a dart at them, or pick one out of a hat? Seriously--they're so good, I can't choose one...

8:59 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Carrie said...

I love your choice of yarn. Those colors are so bright that they might show through pants--awesome!!

10:46 PM, May 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie let me know if you get snubbed, I will gladly make you a pair of socks - I thought of you often this past winter while I wore the socks you made for me. I still have the photos you sent along on my bulletin board. Hope you hear from your pal soon.

8:14 AM, May 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been waiting for me, your sockapalooza pal? I have been secretly spying on you this whole time! Wah ha ha ha!

9:08 AM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Carrie said...

Secret Pal,
It's good to hear from you :-)

10:47 AM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Wow, wish I was your pal. LOVE that yarn. Should make fantastic sock!

6:05 AM, May 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike!! As you know, cause you just commented on my blog, I'm using the same yarn and doing Hedra (if I keep going with this pattern). So, you know its not as crazy bright in person as it is on my monitor as taken by my camera.

I agree about contacting your pal. While I agree that this isn't the normal type of swap (per Alison) I think that you get more out of it the more you put into it.

I like Pomatomus, too.

11:11 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Guinifer said...

That yarn would look great in any of those patterns, but aren't you already knitting some Monkeys?

1:35 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Beautiful yarn; bright and cheery. I can't help you decide which sock because I haven't knit any of those yet.

10:21 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for the reminder! I have been a bad sock pal.

11:26 AM, May 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger