free hit counter Knit-Whit: It's HOT

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's HOT

Yipee!! I finally have a decent finished object to show. And yes, it took me over a month to knit this pair of ankle socks. Pathetic, but it's summer!!! And summers in MN are short so I savor them when they're here. That means less knitting and more playing. And speaking of summer there's a hot spell coming this way. The temp may reach 100ยบ, not too common here, maybe once or twice per summer.
Started: June 3, 2006

Finished: July 12, 2006
Yarn: Cascade Fixation color# 9955

The socks fit but I think next time I'll cast on 40 stitches instead of the 36 I used this time, it would be nice to have a little extra room.
I knit the socks for the Cascade Fixation Ankle Sock KAL hosted by KnitPastis.

7 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

those are so perfect for summer (well not the 100 degree days..). i just came across the knit along today and plan on making up a pair of my own!

9:42 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

Very cute. I am not a sock knitter, but I have been thinking about breaking down and making a pair of these myself. They seem fun and practical. I don't know if I can add to my to-do list right now though. . .

7:44 AM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

They are cute! I love the colors. And it is hot. And dry. But isn't it nice to have no mosquitoes? Hope you stay cool this weekend!

7:53 AM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger splatgirl said...

Those are fab. I think Fixation is one of my favorite yarns EVER.

3:14 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Your socks turned out perfect and the colorway looks so tropical! Love cotton socks for the summer.

9:30 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger StampinShelly said...

Love your socks! The colors are great. I'm on my 2nd pair, love how they zip along. Great work!

2:23 PM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love these socks, such happy and cheerful colors, just perfect for summer! Great job!

11:04 AM, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger