free hit counter Knit-Whit: 3 Years in the Making

Saturday, January 30, 2010

3 Years in the Making

Last night I met some friends for a night of food, wine and knitting but since I'm not working on anything substantial on the knitting front I was stumped as to what to bring to work on. Splatgirl suggested I bring the Wobbly Tote I've been working on forever and a day so I agreed, dug it out of the corner of my craft room and dragged it along. One of the things that kept me from finishing the bag long ago is I knit the 2 sides at different gauges. This is because I knit the two sides about a year or two apart and apparently the second time around I had some aggression to work out and I held the yarn much tighter than I had the first time. I figured since the 2 sides had equal amount of rows and stitches I'd just seam it stitch for stitch and it should work itself out.
Pre-felting
It was a nice relaxing evening with lots of food and conversation plus I managed to almost finish seaming the totebag. A quick few minutes this morning and the job was complete. The tote bag took 4 trips in a hot / cold wash and now it's drying. It shrunk a lot as seen on the ruler I placed in the photo. Apparently in 2007 I needed a tote bag but in 2010 I really don't so I'm not sure what to do with it now but I'm happy that it's finished...what else can I dig up?
Finished Wobbly
Project Details:
Pattern: Wobbly Tote by Leigh Radford in Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Yarn: Cascade 220
Color: 2433, 7805, 9477, 9446, 9421
Needles: Size 13
Started: January 2007
Finished: January 30, 2010
Knit for: ?
Ravelry Link

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Teresa in Virginia said...

This bag is really cute! If you don't need it, the bag will always make a great gift.

9:21 PM, January 30, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!

1:23 PM, January 31, 2010  
Anonymous Mary said...

I LOVE it!

1:23 PM, January 31, 2010  
Blogger einblick said...

YOU ROCK CARRIE! You are so very creative...can you pass some of that this way:) Can't wait to see you again - it's been much too long!

10:32 AM, March 02, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger