free hit counter Knit-Whit: Socks 101

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Socks 101

The first pair of socks I ever knit were this pair. The pair I still wear the most, my favorite pair. The pair I knit during a basic sock knitting class at a LYS. I thought the teacher was being so nonchalant about everything, didn't she know that knitting SOCKS was hard? The toughest thing EVER? How could she be talking about her daughter competing in a dance recital when I was supposed to be learning to knit the hardest thing in the world. Have you seen how complicated a heel gusset is? Jeez louise it's about a step behind rocket science.
1st Knit Socks
Little did I know that 4 years later I'd be able to knit socks in my sleep? That socks would be my absolute favorite thing to knit even though I don't crank them out super fast? The power of learning.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
Color: #90 Circus
Needles: Size #1 birch DPN's
Started: Sept 2003
Finished: late 2003
Knit for: Me!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger jacqsierae said...

hiiii....pretty sock, and toenails!
i'm a sock knitter....and always keep my toenails painted in pink, or red.
love your blog'
Sue

12:18 AM, May 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger